What a winter, I will post pictures later of the snow. But for now it is time to look forward to spring. Tips of some daffodils and crocus are poking through the soil as the snow has retreated. Such a welcome change, can't recall having so much snow in March before.
I guess the good news is that all the snow would have been a great blanket for the new plants but the January thaw may have hurt some plants - at the very least I do believe the squirrels had a good feast on some of the bulbs.
Time to prepare to work on this summers big project rehabilitating the lawn, previous owners left it unattended and it is a sparse weedy mess.
Although the immediate priority is to clean up after the dog as the snow melts!
Indoor plants survived well indoors as well, Caladium emerged from it's hibernation and is putting on a lovely display in the family room, Calla Lily also has gotten to a fair size after breaking hibernation - both justifing having pots of dirt in the family room all winter! Bouganvillia seemed to enjoy its spot in the kitchen and is looking lovely. I have inherited a few plants from the office so until I can move everything outdoors it looks like a greenhouse in the great room.
Just wish I could remember where I planted the 100 or so bulbs I planted - note to self post pictures this spring so I will remember later.
No comments:
Post a Comment