














Just an amazing early fall weekend here, cloudless skies, warm temps and striking fall foliage. Took some pictures of things in the garden, please excuse the mess haven't had a chance to clean the garden in a while. I did get distracted by the light on the trees so there are some pictures of that as well and the baskets I previously purchased, plus the sedum and hydrangea vine.
Note in all this I am not mentioning the plants that the some of the new ones are replacing - I am blaming the drought and not my gardening skills (or lack thereof).
Note in all this I am not mentioning the plants that the some of the new ones are replacing - I am blaming the drought and not my gardening skills (or lack thereof).
Took the opportunity to purchase and plant some new plants.
(3) Japanese barberry - Golden Nugget dwarf
(3) Carex morrowii 'Ice Dance' - Variegated Sedge
(2) Chasmanthium latifolium, Northern Sea Oats
(1) Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate' Chocolate Joe-Pye Weed
(1) Leucathloe Fontanesiana Scarletta
(1) Boxwood - to replace the one I moved and killed. It was almost invisible before I moved it so it wasn't a great loss. The new one has lighter green foliage with fall colour and is a variety that will only get a few feet high and wide.
1 comment:
Its only the loveliness that counts. Those yellows are truly wonderful.
Does anyone else note that in native species the blues and the purples happen earlier in the year and the late blooming plants are more often yellow? Or is this just my idle fantasy.
A smarter person would look into this and find out.
Post a Comment