I have been away from posting but not from the garden. The extended dought has ment constant watering to mitigate the damage. Luckily it seems only a few plants may be lost completely but I am refusing to write off any plants until next spring. I am just hoping people believe me when I tell them it is a petrified forest garden.
I have finished removing all the rocks in the front and have started to put in some plants
New ones so far:
Anemone Queen Charlote, a lovely semi double
Saxifraga Berginia 'Winter Glow'
Ceratastigma plumbaginoides Plumbago
Sedum Automn Joy Stonecrop
Mums
Tricolour St. John's Wort (another one)
Next will be purchasing some spring bulbs and preparing for fall, already quite a few leaves on the ground.
Also purchase some lovely fall baskets of plants, a nice mixture of Mums, Valerian, Grasses, pinks and some annuals. I will plant the perennials and see what happens and bring in the annuals, a lovely varigated bouganvillia, ;and some nice pink spotted and white spotted plants whose names I have forgotten.
This weekend I hope to get some work done and get some updated photos.
Weather is still warm and dry. We have recorded the hottest, driest July, July and August in 50 years and September seems to be going that way as well. So many trees have not survived. One paper referred to the dirt as being powderlike at this point.
May need lots of rain and snow this winter.
1 comment:
Nice to see you posting again! My husband started to redo one of the beds in front, and has decided it's too hard and dry (under the Norway maple - I know, I know) - and he's going to make it grass. Oh well, more plants for the backyard.
mostlylurking
Post a Comment