I love the way the blooms come through the top of the pergola. What a gorgeous place to sit in summer.
I've fallen in deep lust with the rhodie, though I know it will never grow here. Now that Brunnera... Sometimes they work here, in protected areas.
The whole trick of tulips and bulbs is that you must forget where you planted them so you have the pleasure of surprise each and every year of something unexpected.
Try some Siberian Squills if you want a really early surprise. I can't recall the proper name, but the bulbs flowers are much like Muscari, only instead of clear strong blue, they are white with a blue stripe. They flower almost before the snow is gone.
1 comment:
I love the way the blooms come through the top of the pergola. What a gorgeous place to sit in summer.
I've fallen in deep lust with the rhodie, though I know it will never grow here. Now that Brunnera... Sometimes they work here, in protected areas.
The whole trick of tulips and bulbs is that you must forget where you planted them so you have the pleasure of surprise each and every year of something unexpected.
Try some Siberian Squills if you want a really early surprise. I can't recall the proper name, but the bulbs flowers are much like Muscari, only instead of clear strong blue, they are white with a blue stripe. They flower almost before the snow is gone.
Post a Comment