Friday, March 27, 2009

Beautiful spring day today, sunny and 13c, finished the garden clean up and noticed these crocus blooming, and hour later there were several more in bloom.

In just a day I was able to see the small growth of plants emerging that were not there just yesterday.

We planted seedlings this year -

Matthiola - Night Scented Stocks, they only seedlings where just a small minority sprouted - we will see if they survive.
Nicotiana - Eau de Colonge
Zinnia - Candy Cane
Morning Glory - Red Ensign - a variety that only grows about 12" high
Gazania - Sunshine Mixed
Four O'Clocks - Marvels of Peru

I also planted some Virginia Bluebells

I have a number of bulbs that I didn't get in last fall so I will have to wait to plant the English and Spanish Bluebells, Striped Squill - Libanotica (love the fragrance of these - have some in the garden but want to add more), and the Anemone de Caen - Windflower.

When it warms up more I will pot out some Agapanthus - Blue Trumphator and Polianthes - Tuberose.

Also purchased mixed potted plants from the kids school - from the same supplier as last year, I was so pleased with both the mix of plants and how they lasted from May to October with something always blooming. Added a hanging planted to put on the shepherds hook at the back of the pool area which always needs some colour.

No comments: