Saturday, July 21, 2007

Catherine Woodbury daylily and a better shot of the hibiscus

Gorgeous morning here, sunny and just a little cool, but clear blue skies. Will work on putting in the new plants this morning and adding some compost to the front, and if I have time clear some more rocks.


New plants:


Quick Fire Hydrandea
Rose Mallow Hibiscus mascheutos 'Plum Crazy'
Astrantia major 'Rubra' - Red Masterwort (3)
Joe-Pye Weed (3)
Caroline Clustered Bellflower (2)
Tradescantia - Concord Grape Spiderwort (2)
Primula Vialii - Chinese Pagoda Primrose (3)
Bergenia cordifolia - Heartleaf Berginia (3)
Fuji White Balloon Flower


3 comments:

Needles said...

I love the hibiscus. If the mine ever comes in, I shall have an honest to goodness conservatory and fill it with flowers I can't keep year round outdoors. Sigh. I love the colour.

And the Catherine Woodbury. Lovely.

I have to take some pictures of the back slope for you. My daylilies are blooming enmasse. In 10 years that has never happened. More heat this year and a few trees down in just the right places, make it possible.

dmd said...

I will look forward to seeing your daylillies. And yes I do indeed sit in the swing to have coffee, it is the best spot to just sit and relax. Hopefully it will get even better as the plants mature.

Anonymous said...

Pig's Squeek! I am happy to hear that name.