













First summer with the gardens in the pool area, cedars were cleaned out, vines trimmed back, rocks lining the garden against the fence removed. Perennials were added and some plants from my fathers funeral, we had a basket of plants arranged from the kids rather than cut flowers, I am hoping many will survive, the azalea, calla lillies and gerbena daisy, ivies and Martha Washington Geranium will have to be brought in, but the primrose, daffodils, tulips and campanula will stay in the garden and hopefully thrive.
Additions this year (that I remember or kept the tags for:
Nandina domestica 'Gulf Stream'
Brunnera macrophylla - Jack Frost (2)
Patriot Hosta (2)
Red Japanese Maple
Hardy Geranium (2)
Masterwort
Heuchera Coral Bells - Mocha Mint(2)
Barrenwort (2) Epimedium
Astillibe Red/Pink (2)
Ligularia dentata 'Britt-Marie Crawford'
Pink Elf French Hydrangea
Helictotrichon sempervirens - Blue Oat Grass (3)
Hemerocallis Daylily - Elegant Candy
Stokesia laevis - Purple Parasols -Stokes Aster
Hemerocallis Daylily - Hint of Blue
Salvia x "Eveline" Eveline Meadow Sage
Tricolour St. John's Wort
Broom (Red Flower)
Arunculus aethusifolius 'Noble Spirit' Noble Spirits Goat's Beard
Syringe Vulgaris 'Tinkerbelle' Lilac
Polemonium Caeruleum - Jacob's Ladder
Hemerocallis 'Catherine Woodbury' Daylily
Mountain Laurel
Astilibe White (2)
Pulmonaria 'High Contrast' Lungwort
Cimicifuga racemosa 'Atropurpurea' Bugbane
Anemone hupehensis 'September Charm' Windflower
Aster divaricatus White Wood Aster - this plant did not make it, stepped on too many times by the dog and possibly the wrong location - July 10/07 RIP
Dryopteris x remota Remote Wood Fern
Fern
Existing:
Wisteria (Chinese?)
Dwarf Alberta Spruce
Virgina Creeper
Ash Tree
I am missing a couple who's names I have forgotten. There was one spring plant I kept but am not sure of the name, lovely white star flowers in spring with long grasslike foliage that dies back by June.
No comments:
Post a Comment