Tuesday, July 10, 2007








We need rain!!!




On a good news front first daylily flower, rebloom on the Wisteria and the new front door colour.




5 comments:

Needles said...

Mine daylilies are just budding now. They tend to be very dependant on how much heat we get. They were planted for the massive roots and their ability to hold soil in place rather than their flowers, but I do love the blooms. Have you ever used the buds for cooking?

dr

Needles said...

Hmpffff, Mine daylilies indeed. My daylilies.

dmd said...

I just recently learned that daylillies were edible. As they are new plants I will wait till next year when there are more blooms. How do you cook, what are the uses?

Needles said...

They are good with stir fries. And I think salads too. I tried it once, but I don't normally have enough blossoms to use them.

dr

Anonymous said...

MDMD took me a long time to fix my blog so I could jump into yours.

I have eaten daylilies but as Needles says, not enough to eat. A friend and I used to eat the common ditch lilies near us, when we were sure about the no-pesticide quality, but that little plot is not safe anymore.

Johnny jumpies in a salad work fine.